The Museum of Local History located at 111 S. Adams Ave. a two-story brick building built in 1888, is a tribute to the early history of the Berlin area and the people, businesses and industry that helped shape the community. A visit to the museum will introduce the visitor to...Read More
The Berlin Bottling Works building, a former carriage house/garage, displays an early 20th century living and kitchen area with early appliances and furniture. Ice harvesting equipment from the days of ice boxes are part of the collection in this building. Early print shop...Read More
Founded in 1848
The Berlin Area Historical Society is a fully recognized 501(c)(3) non-profit educational institute dedicated to preserving and interpreting the history of the Berlin area.
Currently the Society owns and operates four museum buildings.
The City of Berlin straddles the Fox River for several miles. Founded in 1847 by Nathan Strong, its natural resources and location on the river contributed to its rapid growth. Strong and his colleagues were part of the Fourierite movement located in Ceresco (later the City of Ripon).
Disenchanted with the movement Strong decided to strike out on his own and establish a new settlement. By 1850 there were 250 residents, most coming from the New England states… Read more…
Oakwood Cemetery Ghost Walk:
Thanks to all who attended the 14th annual Ghost Walk. We had a fun night. Plans are already in the works for the 2017 event…Read More…
A joint project with the Berlin School System and the Berlin Area Historical Society is in its 4th year…Read more…