Built in the mid 1860’s on a farm in Waushara County, Clark School began accepting students in September of 1866. By the early part of the 1960’s these small one-room rural schools were being closed and their students transferred to the larger school systems. The Berlin Area Historical Society purchased the school and with the help of volunteers and the offer of a site from the city, the school was moved to Riverside Park. The club then put in a call for information on the school or people who attended classes there. The response was overwhelming and artifacts, stories and pictures were given to the club for their museum. Over the years the Society has worked to furnish and maintain the school as a museum to Wisconsin’s early education history. This museum is open anytime by special appointment. Call 920-361-2460 for information.